For the second consecutive year, Community Health Center Wound Healing Center is sponsoring the live and silent auctions at the 2012 CHC Foundation Gala. Thanks to overwhelming support from community businesses, guests of the 2012 CHC Foundation Gala will have the opportunity to bid on more than 50 items, from local delicacies to trips far away. The event, which will honor Dr. Joudat Daoud as 2012 Physician of the Year, will feature a delicious hors d’oeurves buffet from Caruso’s; live entertainment by The Delbert Walling Group; and unlimited spirits by Beverage Catering. The live auction will be emceed by the infamous Tim Hart and attendees will be dazzled by the auctioneering skills of Spieth and Satow Auctioneers.
All proceeds from the 2012 CHC Foundation Gala will benefit the construction of a new nurses’ station in the CHC patient room renovation project. This $6 million renovation project will provide our community with a new hospital within CHC’s existing walls. The main goal of the project is to increase the number of private patient rooms available to our patients and their families. With upgraded HVAC equipment and integrated technology solutions, the results of the project will be an improved patient experience, increased privacy for patients and their visitors, and more efficient care delivery.
“TheCHC Wound Healing Center is honored to partner with the CHC Foundation to provide a live and silent auction at the 2012 Gala,” statedDiane Bishop, Wound Healing Center Director. “We are grateful to be part of an event that raises much-needed funds for the Community Health Center of Branch County.”
The main live auction item of the evening is the “What Dreams Are Made Of” package. This exciting vacation package includes accommodations for a family of 2 adults and 2 children for 4 nights at Disney's new Art of Animation Resort. Each Art of Animation Resort building offers character themed rooms from one of the four beloved animated films: Finding Nemo, Cars, Lion King and Little Mermaid. Package includes 5-day park hopper tickets which allow the flexibility to come and go as desired throughout all four Walt Disney World parks:MagicKingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom. Also included is the Magic Your Way dining package which provides one table-service meal, one quick service meal, and one snack per person, per day. Airfare, round-trip Magical Express transfers fromOrlandoAirport and Disney’s cancellation-insurance policy are all included. Thanks to All Season’s Travel in Coldwater, the winning bidder can create the perfect vacation for their family.
Other exciting items in the live auction include:
- Dinner for four at Element 112, Chef Chris Nixon’s (formerly of the Boat House) new restaurant inToledo,Ohio. Winning bidders will experience a 9 course small plate feast with a bottle of wine creatively presented by Chef Nixon and the Element 112 staff.
- A furnace including installation to warm those long winter nights from Shamrock Heating and Cooling.
- Hunting and fishing excursions guaranteed to excite your favorite outdoor enthusiast!
- Winter Solstice Celebration for 6 atColdwaterLake. Enjoy a winter evening at Rick and Kathy Merrill’s and enjoy dinner including hors d'oeurves; your choice of pot-au-feu or osso buco; accompaniments; and dessert - cooked in their outdoor kitchen.
- The famous Mystery Package from Kiess Jewelry. We can’t tell you what it is! That would ruin the “Mystery.”
- Sports, fitness, and fun from custom cornhole boards to country club, and health club memberships.
- More food and fun including a wine tasting and dinner and a home audio system.
- It’s a New You Package which includes a year membership to Great Lakes Health and Fitness, a $75 Mary Kay Gift Certificate fromBrenda Kidney, services from Chicago Pike Inn and Spa, a gift certificate for personal training, and an iPod Touch and $25 iTunes gift card from Monarch Community Bank
- A water heater from Shamrock Heating and Cooling
But the opportunity to splurge doesn’t end there! Local businesses have come together to provide a myriad of silent auction items for bidding. Some things to look forward to are: Nook Color; Kindle Fire; 1-year memberships to Great Lakes Health and Fitness; limo rides; wine; Biggby Coffee Basket; Thirty-One Gifts Basket; McDonald’s birthday party; gift certificates CCW classes; and a custom stained glass piece from CHC Board of Trustee member David Smoker.
In addition, the CHC Foundation Gala Committee is also selling raffle tickets for a chance to win an iPad. Tickets are available for purchase for $10 with a 1 in 200 chance of winning.
“The CHC Foundation Board of Directors is grateful to all of the supporters of our event,” stated Terra Depew, Fund Development Coordinator. “The live and silent auction components of the event help raise needed funds while infusing the evening with fun and excitement.” The live and silent auctions are the result of the work of the Auction Committee which consists of:Steve Franks,John Fulmer,Barb Brady,Cynthia Carpenter,Karmen Case,Teddy Foote,Bill Hamilton, Tracy Kelley,Martin Lepper,Jon McKinley, Ken McKinley,Brenda Kidney, Don Shemel, Tawney Sterett,Deborah Tomlinson,Joe Ward,Carrie Welsh, and Jay Wright.
Reservations for the Gala are selling quickly! If you are interested in attending, contact Terra Depew, Fund Development Coordinator at 517-279-5414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CHC Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit whose mission is to improve lives by ensuring the best healthcare for our community. Any individual or organization who is interested in contributing an item for the auction or information on sponsorship opportunities, contact Terra Depew at 517-279-5414 or email@example.com.