ANGOLA (WTVB) - Those thunderstorms that moved through the area overnight were to blame for a fire in Angola where a house was struck by lightning. The alarm was turned in around 3:50 this morning from the Pamela Winchell residence at 301 East Stocker Street.
The first firemen on scene found light smoke coming from around the eves on all four sides of the structure. The attic space took the brunt of the damage with no fire loss in the main living area of the home. Firemen had to remove all of the insulation from the home and the blaze was declared under control in about a half hour. No injuries were reported and damages were estimated at 55-thousand dollars