On Air Now

Current Show

Larry King   1:00 AM - 5:30 AM

Call the "DJ in PJs" at 1-800-833-9211 and maybe YOU will be on Classic Hits Radio with Late Night Larry!

Show Info »

Upcoming Shows

Program Schedule »

Tune in to Listen

1590 AM Coldwater, Michigan 95.5 FM Coldwater, Michigan

Weather

Current Conditions(Coldwater,MI 49036)

More Weather »
44° Feels Like: 44°
Wind: SW 0 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0”
Current Radar for Zip

Tonight

Partly Cloudy 48°

Tomorrow

PM Thunderstorms 75°

Tues Night

Thunderstorms 48°

Alerts

  • 0 Severe Weather Alerts
  • 0 Cancellations

Gilead Township House Fire

by
Bronson Fire Dept
Bronson Fire Dept

 BRONSON, MI WTVB) - A two story farm house in Branch County’s Gilead Township has been gutted by fire. The blaze at 578 West Adams Road was reported just before 3 a.m. today. Earle Martin and his wife were alerted when their smoke detectors went off and they escaped without injury from the residence near the Michigan-Indiana border.

It was a 3-alarm fire with Bronson calling for mutual aide from the Lakeland and Orland fire departments. Bronson Fire Chief Brent Wilber said the blaze began in the area of a wood burner and the State Fire Marshall’s office is assisting in the investigation. According to Wilber, it was a close call for the Martins.

Earle said when he heard the alarms sound, he opened his bedroom door and was hit with a tremendous blast of heat and dense smoke. He quickly shut the door and he and his wife went out the first floor bedroom window as the flames were burning through the door. Wilber said this fire is a reminder for everyone to check their smoke detectors and be sure they are working because they save lives.

lso, it’s a good idea to conduct fire drills with your family so everyone knows 2 ways out if there’s a fire. Earle Martin had renter’s insurance but the owner, Patrick Martin, did not have insurance on the structure.

The loss was estimated at 65-thousand dollars for the house and 15-thousand dollars to the contents. The home was almost completely engulfed in flames when firemen reached the scene

 

Comments