BRONSON, MI (WTVB) - Damages were estimated at 27-thousand dollars today in a house fire in Branch County’s Bronson Township, but there were no injuries in the blaze at the Ferry residence at 423 Prairie River Road. Bronson firemen found heavy smoke coming from the 1-story structure when they reached the scene after the alarm was sounded around 6:20 morning.
Lavern Ferry told fire officials he lost power and then heard a crackling noise in the ceiling and could smell smoke. Multiple smoke detectors were activated and Ferry quickly exited the home. The fire loss was contained to the attic and roof but there was smoke damage throughout most of the house. The blaze was reported under control at shortly after 7 a.m. Bronson Fire Chief Brent Wilber said an electrical short sparked the blaze. Firemen were on scene for two hours.