By Brian Marder, Hollywood.com Staff
Earlier in the day Wednesday, a big piece of the Twilight puzzle was unveiled to Twihards everywhere: Renesmee, the half-human, half-vampire offspring of Edward (Robert Pattinson) and Bella (Kristen Stewart).
Now, naturally, everyone's attention has shifted from the fame-allergic (off-screen couple?) Pattinson and Stewart to the actress who plays their child. Her name is Mackenzie Foy, and although she isn't a newcomer, she's probably not the A-list child star (for obvious, strategic reasons) some fans were expecting for such a pivotal role in November's franchise finale, Breaking Dawn Part 2. Here's a little bit more about the young but not that young actress.
1. Foy is 11 years old (she'll turn 12 the week before Breaking Dawn 2 hits theaters!), while the Renesmee in Stephenie Meyer's novel of the same name only reaches age 3 or 4. Translation: Expect the unexpected (read: plot twists) from Bill Condon's movie version.
2. Breaking Dawn Part 2 will mark Foy's big-screen debut, but she has appeared in TV series since 2009, including a 2010 episode of Hawaii Five-0.
3. Her modeling career dates back to 2004; she has appeared in ads for Polo Ralph Lauren, The Walt Disney Company, Target, Gap, and many more.
4. She might be one of the only teenagers without a personal Twitter OR Facebook page (at press time), but her loyal fan base took care of both even before Wednesday's Twilight coming-out party.
5. Not long after Dawn breaks, on Nov. 16, we'll see some more of Foy. She stars in the already-wrapped indie Plastic Jesus, as well as The Warren Files, the next horror flick from Saw maestro James Wan.
It's Renesmee, Bella, and Edward in Cullen Family Pic
Kristen vs. Rob. vs. Taylor: The Post-'Twilight' Battle
Maggie Grace, Mackenzie Foy Join 'Breaking Dawn'