COLDWATER, MI (WTVB) - A Coldwater couple escaped injury early today when a chimney fire filled their home with smoke and damaged the flooring and wall around the living room wood burner. The alarm for the blaze at the Gerald Kruse residence at 97 Heyton came in around 3:30 this morning. Smoke alarms alerted the Kruse’, who were also able to save the family dog. The Coldwater Fire Department said the fire in the chimney had burned itself out but had damaged it to the point the wall and floor behind it had ignited. Some of the exterior siding of the one-story structure and a small portion of the interior wall had to be removed in order to get to the blaze. A creosote buildup in the chimney was the cause and it kept firemen on the job for around two hours.
Larry King 1:00 AM - 5:30 AM
Call the "DJ in PJs" at 1-800-833-9211 and maybe YOU will be on Classic Hits Radio with Late Night Larry!