THREE RIVERS, MI (WTVB) - A lot of meth cooks have come close to dying in drug lab explosions in recent years. Now a Three Rivers man has actually done it. Police say it appears the 30-year-old was cooking meth in his garage in the 100 block of South Andrews Street with a second man when it exploded sending flames and shards of glass flying. He was airlifted to the burn unit at Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo where he died from his injuries yesterday. His name has not been released.
The second man, described, as a white male of average height in his 30’s with a red goatee and reddish blonde hair, ran from the area. The extent of his injuries, if any is unknown.