COLDWATER, MI (WTVB) - Keep Coldwater Beautiful! It’s the theme of a city sponsored campaign underway with spring here and warmer weather on the horizon. The City of Coldwater Neighborhood Services Department is reminding property owners to keep their lots looking clean and clutter-free. In accordance with City ordinances, property owners should:
1. Keep garbage, refuse and lawn debris in appropriate containers for disposal.
2. Ensure vehicles are licensed, insured and operable if stored outside of a garage.
3. Store indoor furniture and home items indoors and not on porches.
4. Keep building materials stored indoors in the house, shed or garage.
5. Avoid parking on the grass in the front yard (prohibited) or over the sidewalk.
6. Keep grass mowed below 12 inches in height.
7. Keep garage sale signs located on your own property, not at the street corners or on
utility poles. Coldwater Neighborhood Services staff routinely inspects properties around the community for compliance with City ordinances. You can call Neighborhood Services at 517-279-6929 with any questions or to report a concern.