COLDWATER, MI (WTVB) - There were two structure fires Sunday in Branch County with no injuries reported. The first alarm came in shortly before five a.m. for a blaze that damaged a vacant home on Tuttle Park Drive in Sherwood Township.
Then shortly after one p.m., the Coldwater Fire Department responded to a reported fire in a single wide mobile home on North Union City Road in Girard Township owned by Ed Vance. He wasn’t home at the time and firemen were able to keep the flames confined to the room of origin although there was considerable heat and smoke damage. Firemen were on the scene for about an hour. The cause of the fire was an overloaded electrical outlet in the living room.