COLDWATER, MI (WTVB) - For the second time in less than a week, the Coldwater Fire Department was called out Tuesday to fight a house fire. Fortunately in both cases, there were no injuries reported to the occupants of the homes or to firemen. The alarm yesterday came into 9-1-1 at 4:30 p.m. with word of a chimney fire at 551 West Chicago Street. Smoke was showing when firemen reached the scene and it turned into more than just a problem with the chimney. The blaze was declared under control around 40 minutes after the alarm was sounded. There’s no word yet on the extent of damage. Coldwater firemen were on the job for more than 3 hours, clearing the location at around 7:10 p.m. It was last Friday night that a three alarm fire in Coldwater Township heavily damaged a two story farm house on Sanford Road. We learn now that a relief fund for the occupants of the residence, the Tim and Rebecca Sanford family, has been set up at Century Bank & Trust. For anyone wanting to make a cash contribution or if they would like to donate any household items, they can contact Chuck or Vicky Velting at 278-0626.
Delaney in the Morning 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Watch us live now! http://wtvbam.com/delaney-in-the-morning/