NOBLE TOWNSHIP, MI (WTVB) - A large pole barn filled with more than 200 bales of hay and baling equipment was destroyed early today in Branch County’s Noble Township. The structure at the Mallow Farms on Dutch School road was found engulfed in flames when Bronson firemen reached the scene after the alarm was turned in by a passerby around 3:30 this morning. The Burr Oak Fire department was called to provide a full response assist to battle the blaze and they combined to prevent it from spreading, saving a trio of buildings, including the offices for the business. The barn space was being rented for use by a neighbor of the Mallow’s. Bronson Fire Chief Brent Wilber said the fire was probably sparked by spontaneous combustion from the hay bales. Damages were estimated at fifty thousand dollars to the structure and thirty thousand dollars to the contents. No injuries were reported. Wilber said the fire could be seen from miles away. Firemen were on the job for seven hours.
Unknown Show None - None
On Air Now.