READING, MI (WTVB) - The cause of a Friday night blaze that destroyed a two story building at Kimball Camp YMCA remains under investigation. Reading Fire Chief Bob Jepson said the facility on Long Lake in Hillsdale County that housed an infirmary on the first floor and apartments for camp counselors on the second story was a total loss. No one was in the building when the fire erupted around 8:45 p.m. and no injuries were reported.
Kimball Camp is a United Way supported agency and Branch County United Way is helping by collecting clothes and personal items for the girls who are camp advisers and lost all their belongings. They need twin bedding, and clothing in the following sizes: Ladies-Small, Large, XL, and 2 XL shirts; Pants: Size 3.5, 14, 18/20, and 20. And shoes: 7, 8.5, 9, 9.5 and 10. Also personal care items- shampoo, body soap, hair products, etc. Folks can call the United Way office or drop off items there today.