QUINCY, MI (WTVB) - With winter weather here to stay and below normal temperatures of late, the heating season has fire officials urging homeowners with wood burners and chimneys to practice safety first. The Quincy Fire Department was on the job for around an hour over the weekend dousing a chimney fire in Quincy Township. The alarm came in at 12:40 pm Saturday from the Scott Webb residence at 292 North Ray-Quincy Road. The damage was confined to the attic. Webb was home at the time and called 911 to report the fire. There were no injuries.
Quincy Fire Chief Kurt Barve estimated the structural loss at $5,000.