BRONSON, MI (WTVB) - An alert homeowner was spared major damage to his house Friday morning in Bronson. Shortly before 9am, Tom Costantino smelled smoke and discovered the enclosed patio porch at his residence on 341 North Ruggles was on fire. He used a fire extinguisher to fight the blaze after calling 911; the Bronson Fire Department finished the job shortly afterwards, and later determined that the fire was caused by a wiring short in a refrigerator that was kept in the porch. Damage was estimated at $2500 and was confined to the porch.
The Midday Journal 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
On Air Now.