COLDWATER, MI (WTVB) - A home north of Coldwater was heavily damaged by fire on Monday. The alarm from 526 Patricia Drive in the Ebyview subdivision in Coldwater Township came in around 9:45 a.m. yesterday and Coldwater firefighters arrived to find smoke at multiple locations from the single story structure, the Lowell and Sue Maxson residence. No one was home at the time.
Firefighters encountered significant heat conditions upon making entry into the first floor and basement. The blaze originated in the basement and moved up an interior wall and burned a 6’x 6’ hole through the first story floor and traveled into a first floor interior wall. That’s where the blaze was stopped. The fire had burned for sometime before being spotted from the exterior, so there was heavy heat and smoke damage throughout the residence. The fire was electrical in nature and likely caused by an overloaded circuit in the basement. There were no injuries.
Firefighters were on scene for over three hours.