FREMONT, IN (WTVB) - Authorities now say that an explosion last Thursday near Fremont, Indiana that leveled a home where a former Coldwater woman was living was weather related. According to Fremont Fire Chief Eric Hufnagle, lightning hit the structure on West State Road 120 on Snow Lake. The bolt that struck during the noon hour found its way to a gas line in a crawl space, sparking the blast. Danielle Young wasn’t home at the time, but her dog, ironically named Boomer, was and the pet managed to survive when the cage it was in was thrown free from wrecked residence.
The property is owned by Dave Ellis, the owner and operator of Dave’s Lake Shack, the bar and restaurant located next to the site of the explosion.