STURGIS, MI (WTVB) - There were several house fires in the area at the end of last week including three in Branch County in two days and now authorities say it appears that the careless use of a candle apparently triggered a fatal weekend fire in Sturgis. Family members apparently told investigators that the woman who died in the fire, 51-year-old Lori Miller suffered from dementia, lit a candle and then probably forgot about it. Investigators say the fire began in her room in a house in the eleven-hundred block of Merryview Drive in Sturgis Friday evening. Her husband and mother made it out of the home, but say they could not rescue her because of the intense smoke and flames.
Delaney in the Morning 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Watch us live now! http://wtvbam.com/delaney-in-the-morning/