BRONSON, MI (WTVB) - A burning leaf pile spread to a residence in Branch County’s Gilead Township last night, sparking a blaze that heavily damaged the home on Southern Road. Bronson firemen found the rear of the farm house engulfed in flames when they reached the scene after the alarm came in around ten after six. Homeowners Rick and Sandy Williams and their pets all escaped without injury. Firefighters stopped the fire as it entered the second story section of the structure but there was extensive heat and smoke damage throughout.
The loss was estimated at $75,000 to the house and $30,000 to the contents. The Orland and Lakeland Fire Departments assisted Bronson and firemen stayed on the job for two hours.