BETHEL TOWNSHIP, MI (WTVB) - An electrical short was found to be the cause of a fire that heavily damaged a 2-story house in Bethel Township last night. The second story of the house at 541 South Snow Prairie Road was engulfed in flames by the time the Bronson Fire Department arrived on the scene; that was shortly after a passer-by reported the fire after 9 o'clock last night. The fire was declared under control before 10, although crews stayed an additional 2 hours. There were no injuries, but damage to the house and its contents was estimated at $60,000. The homeowner, Rene Rodriguez, did have insurance on the house. Mutual aid was provided by the Coldwater and Lakeland Fire Departments; LifeCare Ambulance, Consumers Energy, and the State Police were also on the scene.
JJ McKAY 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
On Air Now.